Dr. Tran Quang Hieu has carried out a scientific research project for Tien Giang province with the topic "Research solutions for improving solubility and absorbtion curcumin".
Two masters were trained, and four scientific articles (1 of which is in the SCIE list) were published. Currently, the research team has transferred technology to the Tipharco Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Company.
Some of the main results are as follows:
- Curcumin nano-forming process by magnetic stirring anabolic homogenization method has been developed. Nano Curcumin has a size of 25 ± 3.9 nm and high stability in physiological environments as well as after storage time.
- Curcumin nano modulation process by heat island method combined with sound waves has been proposed. The size of the nanosystem reaches a value of 19.5 ± 4.0 nm, which can confirm the advantages of the method and the uniqueness of the implementation technique.
- Curcumin nano-coating process by spray drying technique with two groups of carriers has been studied. Besides, the team developed a highly soluble drink containing nano curcumin that can be consumed immediately.
- Biological activities of Curcumin, nano Curcumin and its complexes such as antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, acute poisoning, and their ability to release through cell membranes and intestinal membrane of lab mice were studied in detail.
- Curcumin uptake and excretion in lab mice were evaluated