Faculty of Food Technology successfully organized the competition named “STU Food Development Awards 2018” – SFDA 2018, for FFT’s students. After more than four months of preparation, the thirty-eight teams excellently completed and submitted their products matched with the theme “Herbal” of the competition.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Hoang Kim Anh gave a speech in the open ceremony
The judges and the participants
The judges panel, including the FFT’s lecturers and the representative of the R&D Department from enterprises and food processing plants, such as Pham Nguyen Foods Company, Vietnam Foods Company, had selected the outstanding ideas:
- Frist prize: Zanthoxylum rhetsa barbeque sauce.
- Second prize: Hibicus beverage KAZ.
- Third prize: Soybean sauce with probiotic and prebiotic – Soybeanaise
- 02 Consolation prizes: Star-anise barbeque sauce, and Ginger-Chrysanthemum jelly.
- 05 Potential prizes: Green tea with aloe vera jam cookies, Monk fruit and chrysanthemum candy, Wolfberry and lotus seed cookies, RC Lemon herbal jelly, Chrysanthemum condensed herbal tea with raisin.
- People’s choice award: Corn silk, sterculia foetida and chrysanthemum tea.
FFT student presented their ideas
Zanthoxylum rhetsa barbeque sauce
The competition was sponsored by FFT’s alumni association, Kerry Taste & Nutrition, Ưu Việt FoodTech Company.
Prizes were awarded to the winning teams by Prof. Dr. Luu Dzuan