In December 28th, 2019, Faculty of Food Technology organized the final round of SFDA 2019 with the theme “Plant-based and mushroom protein”.
36 teams represented creative ideas and products based on the given theme of the organizers. With the experiences from the previous competition in 2018, attendants had well prepared in packaging design and products.
With the purpose for improving professional experiences and creating the conditions for senior students’ product to approach the market, the competition’s organizers invited the experts from enterprises as the judges.
The organizers and judges:
- Prof. Dr. Luu Dzuan – Chair of FFT’s Academic and Scientific Committee
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Hoang Kim Anh – Dean of Faculty of Food Technology
- MSc. Duong Duy Minh – Head of Laboratory & Application development, Rudolf Lietz Inc.
- Mr. Nguyen Huynh Dat - CEO of Ong Bep Joint Stock Vietnam
- Mr. Tran Ngoc Huy – Sale Executive, ASIA SHINE TRADING & SERVICES COMPANY LIMITED.
- Ms Nguyen Quynh Thuong – Deputy Manager of R&D Lab, Vietnam Food Joint Stock Company
- MSc. Nguyen Thanh Sang – Lecturer – Head of Food Research and Development Lab, STU.
- B.E. Doan Nguyen Thuy Quynh – Lecturer – Technian of Sensory Evaluation Lab, STU.
After a lot of efforts, the judges had chosen the teams that had the potential and creative ideas:
- Frist prize: Paté with pea and plant-based protein
- Second prize: Beef ball from mushroom and plant protein
- Third prize: Steam bun with vegetable protein
- 02 Consolation prizes: Plant based protein bar, Brown rice cookies.
- 05 Potential Products Awards: Oatmeal spread with green pea protein, Cocoa milk with cannabis seed protein, Paté from cashew and mushroom protein, Mayonnaise from soybean protein, Whipping cream with soybean protein.
- People’s choice award: Spring-roll with moringa and mushroom protein.
- 02 Consolation prize from enterprise: Plant based protein bar, Soy protein flan.